Little Yap Yap goes to New Zealand

Friday, September 22, 2006

September 22 Dunedin

Suffering from a bad hangover.

Do very little in the morning.The Dunedin Fringe festival is starting today so the city is buzzing. Eventually muster some energy to go see the opening ceremony. It's really good, with lots of performers.

Go on a Twighlight Wildlife Conservation Experience tour. We get taken on a very scenic drive around the Otogo Penninsula. We get taken to a Albatross Colony, but unfortunately they are not around. Instead I see nessting Spotted Shags, a sea bird, which is cool.After get taken to a Yellow-eyed penguin colony. See Blue Penguins and some amazing Yellow-penguins. Get so close to a yellow penguin. There are trenches all around the place so you can see the penguins. I get so close to 2 penguins (about 1/2 foot away). Cos I am in a trench I am staring up at them. My head is around where their arse is. I'm so close that I nearly get shat on. All I hear is 'watch out' and then the penguin turns his butt toward my face and it just misses my face by centimeters. It is very funny.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home